Subject: Re: pkgsrc via cvs instead of sup
To: Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/2002 22:48:32
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Frank Knappe wrote:

> On Mon, 20 May 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> For most of the pkgsrc packgaes I make a make update when there
> are new versions. Unfortunatly this results in long compile jobs,
> because the whole kde has to be compiled, like with libxml2 today.
>
> What can happen if there are still some work directories?

If "${WRKDIR}/.build_done" is already present, nothing more will be
extracted or built. This hasn't anything to do with the "update"
target (which has many problems of it's own), but rather it's a
characteristic of the main, "build" target. There's not much point
leaving the old work directories around unless you're debugging the
package, anyhow.

Frederick