Subject: Re: Port Redirector
To: LIM SENG CHOR <Lim.Seng.Chor@sit.edu.my>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/29/2002 11:50:30
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, LIM SENG CHOR wrote:

> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/singzol/xinetd-2.3.4/xinetd'
> gcc -g -O2  -I../libs/include   -c -o reconfig.o reconfig.c
> In file included from reconfig.c:26:
> /usr/include/rpc/pmap_clnt.h:80: syntax error before `resultproc_t'

I assume you have the original of this header file. Do the problem lines
look like the following?

extern enum clnt_stat   clnt_broadcast  __P((u_long, u_long, u_long,
                                             xdrproc_t, char *,
                                             xdrproc_t, char *,
                                             resultproc_t));

I am not sure why. Maybe xinetd needed some other header included first.

Did you look at the FreeBSD port of xinetd yet?
 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/xinetd/

I think in reconfig.c you need:
#include <rpc/auth.h>
#include <rpc/clnt.h>
before the
#include <rpc/pmap_clnt.h>

And maybe in service.c you need
#include <rpc/auth.h>
before the #include <rpc/pmap_clnt.h>

Good luck. Also, please be sure to document your steps. So you can make a
NetBSD package for it

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/