Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2002 16:19:16
    Date:        28 Apr 2002 1:46:9 +0100
    From:        "Iggy Drougge" <iggy@kristallpojken.org>

  | OTOH, Nano (Which is GNU's PICO clone) is self-instructing. No modes,

Ignoring licence issues, that itself makes it useless.   I type letters
and digits (and a few special characters).  I want my editor commands to
be letters, and digits, and a few special characters.   Since I also want
my text to be letters and digits, and a few special characters, there needs
to be some way to tell whether I am typing commands or text.  Hence modes.
I refuse to work with my finger permanently sitting on the control key.

kre