Subject: Re: Is my ipfilter list secure?
To: Richard Grace <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
From: Roger Fischer <roger@aileron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/26/2002 08:26:10
Richard,  Thanks for the info.  I was hesitant to post this question so
I'm glad I didn't get flamed big time.

So I should add:
  pass in quick on eth0 proto icmp from any to $myip icmp-type 3

Quick question.  Do you know if I can use variables in the config file
(like $myip)?  Since it's a config file and not a script, I don't know how
ipf will handle it.  And... I'll have to figure out where to define those
variables, perhaps in the /etc/rc.d/ipfilter script.

Thanks,
- Rog