Subject: Re: Re : Sun OS 4.0.4
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2002 19:37:48
On Wednesday, April 24, 2002, at 12:54 AM, Shyam Kumar Mangayil wrote:

> A list .. solarisonintel was tossing out this question claiming that=20=

> this was not within their perview.
>
> Anyways , SunOS 4.0.4 (I think Solaris 1.0) , is a straight port from=20=

> BSD , so I might ask my question here :
>
> In my shell on our SunOS 4.0.4=A0 box , I have access to the Internet =
and=20
> to mails ,
>
> so I wish to configure it for yahoo mails : pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and=20=

> smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk
>
> I do not have procmail and fetchmail and I have=A0PINE 3.96 (its is =
only=20
> from PINE 4.0 and upwards that you can configure pop servers' inboxes)
>
> Any way , I am having 2 problems :
>
> o I confgured PINE for smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk but :
>
> =A0=A0=A0=A0 - When I refresh they say that they can not send mail to=A0=
=20
> smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk
>
> =A0=A0=A0=A0 - My own doubt is - PINE did not=A0offer me a column to =
enter=A0 any=20
> username - password for this SMTP server !
>
> o I tried configuring PINE for POP Inbox , even though , I had read in=20=

> their doc-s that you need PINE4.0 or upwards for this :=20
> {pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk/pop/user=3Dlinuxhelpin}INBOX
>
> =A0
>
> I shall=A0greatly appreciate any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shyam=A0

	Yahoo stateside is in the process of eliminating POP access and=20=

SMTP for anyone not willing to pay $20 US a year.  They have a list of=20=

supported e-mail clients: Netscape, Outlook, and Eudora.  I used to use=20=

Yahoo's POP and SMTP.  I found that I had to download my mail and send=20=

mail within close proximity of each other, otherwise it would want=20
authentication for the SMTP server.  That changed around January when=20
you needed to use a client that could do SMTP authentication.  My e-mail=20=

client, mail, on Mac OS X can do SMTP authentication just fine, but=20
sadly, is not supported by Yahoo.  Maybe UK yahoo is kinder to other=20
e-mail clients.  I know they won't be seeing $20 US from me.

Ian