Subject: Re: OT: USB digital camera
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2002 17:26:29
On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 06:15:02PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> Apr 24 15:53:55 chylonia /netbsd: ugen0 at uhub0 port 2
> Apr 24 15:53:55 chylonia /netbsd: ugen0: UMAX product 0x2020, rev
> 1.00/1.00, addr 2

For a start that's not very helpful, what is the real make and model of
the camera. (As printed *on* the camera)

You could try http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/

> now i had to install  windoze 98 and it's program that takes "only" 300MB
> of space and all takes 5 minutes to load... (and windoze is pirated, i
> won't pay for windoze just to grab my photos).

Windows 98 is hardly just a 'program', and there's nothing wrong with using
up
300MB of disk space, my NetBSD installation uses far far more than that.
(Would you steal someone elses car just to go down the road because you
can't
be bothered to find wheels for yours?)
(Wasn't a very good car analogy really, never mind...)

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk
http://www.toth.org.uk/~strawberry