Subject: Re : Sun OS 4.0.4
To: netbsd <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Shyam=20Kumar=20Mangayil?= <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2002 05:54:07
--0-857426798-1019624047=:6962

A list .. solarisonintel was tossing out this question claiming that this was not within their perview.

Anyways , SunOS 4.0.4 (I think Solaris 1.0) , is a straight port from BSD , so I might ask my question here :

In my shell on our SunOS 4.0.4  box , I have access to the Internet and to mails ,

so I wish to configure it for yahoo mails : pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

I do not have procmail and fetchmail and I have PINE 3.96 (its is only from PINE 4.0 and upwards that you can configure pop servers' inboxes)

Any way , I am having 2 problems :

o I confgured PINE for smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk but :

     - When I refresh they say that they can not send mail to  smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

     - My own doubt is - PINE did not offer me a column to enter  any username - password for this SMTP server !

o I tried configuring PINE for POP Inbox , even though , I had read in their doc-s that you need PINE4.0 or upwards for this : {pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk/pop/user=linuxhelpin}INBOX

I shall greatly appreciate any help.

Regards,

Shyam

----------------------------(*)-X-(*)----------------------------

                    Knowledge is Power

Get personalised at My Yahoo!.
--0-857426798-1019624047=:6962

<P>A list .. solarisonintel was tossing out this question claiming that this was not within their perview.</P>
<P>Anyways , SunOS 4.0.4 (I think Solaris 1.0) , is a straight port from BSD , so I might ask my question here :</P>
<P>In my shell on our SunOS 4.0.4&nbsp; box , I have access to the Internet and to mails ,</P>
<P>so I wish to configure it for yahoo mails : pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk</P>
<P>I do not have procmail and fetchmail and I have&nbsp;PINE 3.96 (its is only from PINE 4.0 and upwards that you can configure pop servers' inboxes)</P>
<P>Any way , I am having 2 problems :</P>
<P>o I confgured PINE for smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk but :</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - When I refresh they say that they can not send mail to&nbsp; smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - My own doubt is - PINE did not&nbsp;offer me a column to enter&nbsp; any username - password for this SMTP server ! </P>
<P>o I tried configuring PINE for POP Inbox , even though , I had read in their doc-s that you need PINE4.0 or upwards for this : {pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk/pop/user=linuxhelpin}INBOX</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I shall&nbsp;greatly appreciate any help.</P>
<P>Regards,</P>
<P>Shyam&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Knowledge is Power</P>
Get personalised at <a
href="http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/mail_uk/my?http://uk.my.yahoo.com" target="_blank">My Yahoo!</a>.
--0-857426798-1019624047=:6962--