Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: None <xs@kittenz.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2002 23:55:21
xs skrev:

>on Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 01:21:24AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>> >Prefix-matching and substitution are more common.  But I'll admit that I
>> >prefer ksh/sh history handling to csh.
>>
>> Bash-style editing is very straight-forward, you don't have to read any man
>> pages in order to get the basics.

>% /bin/sh
>$ set -E
>{up,down,left,right}-arrow keys work, as does ^A, ^E, Alt+F, Alt+B.

That is a very handy feature, which you might learn about if you read the sh
man pages. But why isn't it enabled by default? It's terribly handy.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

"Witness if you will Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, the two most
efficient virus propagation utilities ever devised by human intellectual
failure."
  Thomas C Greene / The Register