Subject: Re: Gnome + Sawfish
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2002 00:28:11
On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 12:19 AM, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 ipthomas@mac.com wrote:
>
>> 	Is anyone running Gnome + Sawfish?  I have everything installed,
>> but when I start up X, it fires up twm with Gnome, not sawfish.  Things
>> I've tried
>>
>> ~/.xinitrc
>>
>> sawfish &
>> exec gnome-session
>>
>> 	Changing the value in this file, ~/.gnome/default.wm to
>>
>> [Default]
>> WM=/usr/X11R6/bin/sawfish
>
> Try changing the window manager in the Gnome Control Panel.
>
> Frederick

	I clicked Sawfish (Current), and then Try.  It asked if I wanted to
save the session, and I said yes.  Everything seems fine.  Is there
anyway to change this before starting up Gnome?  Thanks for the prompt
and correct reply.
	It seems that this is a bit of a backwards way of configuring a
Desktop interface.  If I can find a way to change this setting before
firing up Gnome I'll post it to the list.  There may be another NetBSD
user out there as lost as I just was.

Ian

Of Course It Runs NetBSD
www.netbsd.org