Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/21/2002 14:48:16
Rick Kelly skrev:

>Herb Peyerl said:

>> > Don't be sorry, that belongs in the past, though I think a new name for
>> > the driver is since due.
>>
>>I don't.

>I can't see any reason to change driver names. As I look around my network

One reason is that they're unintuitive. The example with the Etherlink drivers
someone posted is very illustrative. To me, it seems as though the programmer
just took an E and added whatever letter which was still free to the end.

>I see that le, for instance, is the same on NetBSD, SunOS, and Solaris.

Not too odd, concerning they all have common roots.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Gå med i SUGA, Swedish Usergroup of Amiga!
WWW: http://swedish.usergroup.amiga.tm/
BBS: 08-6582572, telnet://sua.ath.cx:42512