Subject: Re: kern/11925
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2002 01:01:15
[I have included gnats-bugs@netbsd.org on the Cc: line]

Steve Bellovin wrote:

> Is the fix good enough, and general enough, to put into the main source
> tree?  It works well for me on my Dell Precision 410, but I don't have
> any other 3Com cards I can easily test against.

I didn't know this PR, but I found PR kern/13653 which also describes
a problem with the 3c905b. The problem (link goes away when interface
goes 'up' and won't come back) happens for me with a 3c905b PCI NIC,
not integrated onto the motherboard, and the suggested fix works for me.
I could not test with 100baseT yet, but with my old 10BaseT hub I did
_not_ have to specify the media with 'ifconfig', just the change in
if_ex_pci.c was sufficient.

ciao
     Klaus