Subject: Re: editline tab completion in vi mode
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2002 16:37:46
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Curt Sampson wrote:

> The psql PostgreSQL client appears to use the readline emulation
> of editline.  But there seems to be a bug here; tab-completion
> works fine in emacs mode, but does not work in vi-mode....
>
> 	a) What's the hack I have to set in my .editrc file to fix this, and

Ok, the answer to this is "bind \\t rl_complete". This was fairly painful
to figure out.

> 	b) Can this bug be fixed? Or is it not considered a bug?

I'm still curious as to whether anybody else considers this a bug.
After all, the default behaviour in this case does appear to be
different based on whether you're using the "real" readline or the
emulation.

cjs