Subject: How to change timezones?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lista de NetBSD Users <list10@sepc.edu.mx>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2002 08:25:02
Hello

Mexico has changed again the dates of start and end
of the summertime and I would like change my timezone files
in order to read the right time (specially sendmail needs it).
2001 was 5 months and from 2002 will be 7 months. (I am using
1.5.2/i386)

I have changed the following two lines of
/usr/src/share/zoneinfo/northamerica
and added two lines

Rule    Mexico  2001    max     -       May     Sun>=1  2:00    1:00    D
Rule    Mexico  2001    max     -       Sep     lastSun 2:00    0       S

Rule    Mexico  2001    only    -       May     Sun>=1  2:00    1:00    D
Rule    Mexico  2001    only    -       Sep     lastSun 2:00    0       S
Rule    Mexico  2002    max     -       Apr     Sun>=1  2:00    1:00    D
Rule    Mexico  2002    max     -       Oct     lastSun 2:00    0       S

Then the command "make all" but nothing happens.

Does somebody can tell me the right way to change my files

Thanks a lot for your time

Heron Gallegos