Subject: Re: Setting up pppoe
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2002 10:15:00
On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 02:40 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:

>> fxp0: flags = 8802<Broadcast, Simplex, Multicast> mtu 1500
>
> It needs to be UP, or it won't send any packets and drop all incoming
> ones.
>
> Do "ifconfig fxp0 up" or create /etc/ifconfig.fxp0 with a single "up"
> line
> in it (like "echo up > /etc/ifconfig.fxp0").
>
> Martin

	I made sure the interface was up.  I thought the rp-pppoe script
might call ifconfig with my specified interface as a command line
option.  I have gotten the script to bring up the DSL.
	There is, however, one problem that I haven't found a solution for
yet.  I have the option USEPEERDNS set, but /etc/resolv.conf is not
being filled in with Verizon's DNS server IP's.  I can leave my
college's DNS severs in it, but I'd like to use Verizon's.  OS X has no
trouble filling in the values, so I think I may have missed something in
the pppoe.config, or possibly I need to add an option into
/etc/ppp/options.
	Thanks for all the help from those who did.  Verizon DSL works with
NetBSD and my service is has always been fast, so if someone is looking
for DSL on NetBSD, this one works.

Ian