Subject: Re: Setting up pppoe
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2002 00:36:44
ipthomas@mac.com wrote:

> 	USER="my username"
> 	ETH=fxp0
> 	USEPEERDNS=yes

USEPEERDNS is the default in the example file.

> 	You didn't do anything special with the NIC did you?  I do

I didn't do anything special, it still has an IP address, though it doesn't
need one.

> adsl-start and a process isn't spawned for the DSL.  This is evidenced
> by adsl-status coming back and saying there is no pppoe.pid file in
> /var/run.  I had this box doing NAT for my Mac using a dialup

Looking at adsl-start, adsl-stop, adsl-connect you could try this:

  $ DEBUG=1 adsl-start

The adsl-start script looks at DEBUG and puts some information into
/tmp/pppoe-debug*.

ciao
     Klaus