Subject: Setting up pppoe
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/11/2002 15:34:24
	I've seen the online documentation on netbsd.org, but it is only
applicable for 1.5Z.  I'll probably upgrade once I have a faster
connection, but not now.  I have Verizon DSL and I'm currently able to
use it with absolutely no problem on Mac OS X.  I simply have to setup
connect using pppoe and enter a username and password.  I'm attempting
to use rp-pppoe, but I've been less than successful.  Here is what I've
tried:

1. Installed rp-pppoe
2. Disabled bringing NIC up at startup.
3. Brought NIC up by hand with

	ifconfig fxp0 up

4. Ran adsl-setup
5.  It says that it writes the file pppoe.conf into /etc/ppp, but it
doesn't.  Instead I end up with an empty file called
/etc/ppp/pppoe.conf.  I've tried entering the options in by hand, but
I'm not sure of the format exactly.  I've already man pppoe.conf, it
doesn't show exact syntax.

	Anyone have any suggestions?

Ian