Subject: Re: netbsd equivalent to linux's 'ls -lh'?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <slink@unixbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/10/2002 15:50:40
--CUfgB8w4ZwR/yMy5

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 03:22:54PM +0200, Urban Boquist wrote:
>=20
> Pardon me, but this seems just awkward to me. Why can't someone just
> commit the patches to the utilities in the base distribution? I mean,
> the silence sofar probably means that nobody with commit access cared
> enough about this to have a look at it, right? If someone felt very
> strongly against "humanization" in NetBSD then they ought to have said
> so by now.

I'm not a commiter, although I can't understand why patches like this are
not beeing "imported" in the current tree. I've seen other "good" patches
that make the system "better looking", but because some reason they are
not beeing commited... :P

For example, why colorls is in pkgsrc when it could be a part of the base
system, like in FreeBSD?

If anybody can enlighten me... ;)

>=20
> Just my SKR 0.02...