Subject: Re: AntiVirus scanner for NetBSD/qmail
To: None <zuntum@netbsd.org>
From: Emre Yildirim <emre.yildirim@us.army.mil>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/10/2002 03:04:53
> Hi,
>
> I was asked to set up some kind of antivirus protection on our mail
> server, running NetBSD 1-5 with qmail. Can anyone recommend something
> they have tried? I'd rather avoid installing something that
> accidentally does not work on NetBSD. I am ready to pay some ammount of
> money for it, if it performs well and does not cause problems.

Hi, I use postfix and just reject any content that may contain a virus.
I.e. mymain.cf has

body_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/body_checks

My /etc/postfix/body_checks has:

# Attachments
$/       REJECT

I'm not familiar enough with qmail, but I'm sure you can work out something
similar.  IMHO this is better than investing in antivirus software.  Of
course itmay not be practical in your environment.

Regards