Subject: RE: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/06/2002 05:39:24
Excerpt from Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>:

> (Aside: How hard would it be to get the NetBSD mailing lists to identify
> messages with embedded HTML and bounce them with a gentle reminder to turn
> off the obnoxious ``feature''?  This would help deal with the occasional
> newbie who posts from MS-WINDOWS and doesn't know how to be less
> obnoxious.)

I'd like to get rid of the base64-encoded attachments too, and the ugly
quoted-printable messages I often see especially when sent with Mutt.  Surely
there must be a way to avoid quoted-printable when using Mutt, even with PGP?

HTML attachments that just repeat the non-HTML portion albeit in a fancier way
if you're using the appropriate software is just useless bloat on mailing lists
like this, and it's a nuisance on a high-traffic emailing list or newsgroup to
have to switch between text readers and web browsers.  Reading speed becomes an
issue.