Subject: Re: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office
To: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/05/2002 11:49:52
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 08:32:35AM -0800, sudog wrote:
> Why are you all wasting your time arguing? Kick him off the list or killfile
> him and ignore him. You're just feeding his ego by arguing with him and
> making it worse.

I don't maintain a killfile. I don't find anyone's views that worthless.
I'm not aware of anyone being 'kicked off' any NetBSD list, ever.
(Spam filters are an exception I suppose)

Since Stephane works at a router company that is using NetBSD, I think
the effort put into education is worthwhile.

non-ASCII email may well become common at some point. I don't feel
sufficient standards and conventions are in place yet. I also don't
think it makes sense on these lists for NetBSD specific reasons.

Stephane's comments didn't strike me as those of someone who's getting
an ego boost out of trolling or getting replies.

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me