Subject: Re: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2002 11:11:49
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>  wrote:
 > this is two complete views and it should not be mixed.
 > so let windows&msword&excel&powerpoint&ie and etc... be what they are and
 > let unix be unix.
 >
 > and let every user choose their way of thinking and using computers, only
 > force them to interchange data in readable-by-all formats.

Insert here the name of the Excel supported file export format
that will allow me to take said exported file, and manipulate it
on my NetBSD machine using free open source spreadsheet, then write
it in same supported file export format to send back to the Excel
user so he/she can continue with my work, while not losing any of
the attributes or contents of the Excel document in the process.

Also, name the free open source software that I should use to
accomplish the above.

Answer those two questions and only those two questions. Do not
provide commentary or opinion..