Subject: Re: Xserver Crash with X11 4.2.0 and NetBSD 1.5.2
To: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
From: Fernando y Yohara <fvillalo@sinfo.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/03/2002 18:02:52
I am new to NetBSD 1.5.2 and had the same problems trying to run the Xserver
(4.2.0).  I crashed the server by moving the mouse.  I have an intellimouse and
being it a PS/2 type, I tried the PS/2 protocol.  No luck.  Finally I read the X
chapter of the "NetBSD operating system:a short guide"
(www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-x.html)

and found out that with the new virtual console (wscons) in 1.4 and newer,
better use the wsmouse protocol with the wsmouse device (dev/wsmouse0).  Have
you tried it?

Hope this helps.
Fernando

--
A lot of people approach risk as if it's the enemy when it's really fortune's
accomplice. (Sting)