Subject: Re: (1.5.2) KDE / konqueror problems: ssl, cd player, printing
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Anne Bennett <anne@alcor.concordia.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2002 22:10:38
> - https URLs in Konqueror: bogus "failed the authenticity test"
>   for known valid certificate
>
> Nick Hudson> I've commited the fix to pkgsrc.
>
> I am currently rebuilding with that fix.

Yup, it works!  I can now view ssl URLs.  Thanks!

> - Cannot hear output of CD player
>
> Brian de Alwis> Try
>                      mixerctl -w outputs.master.mute=off
>                      mixerctl -w inputs.cd.mute=off
>
> Not yet tried; will do when KDE finishes rebuilding from the ssl
> patch. :-)

Doesn't seem to be relevant to my mixer:

      # mixerctl -a -v
      [output edited to show only possibly relevant values:]
      outputs.master=232,232 volume
      inputs.cd=216,216 volume
      inputs.cd.mute=off  [ off on ]
      inputs.cd.swap=off  [ off on ]
      outputs.cd.mute=on  [ off on ]
      equalization.treble=0,0 treble
      equalization.bass=0,0 bass
      inputs.pc_speaker=128,128 volume
      inputs.input=0,0 volume
      outputs.output=0,0 volume
      inputs.agc=off  [ off on ]

      # mixerctl outputs.master.mute
      mixerctl: field outputs.master.mute does not exist

      # mixerctl inputs.cd.mute
      inputs.cd.mute=off

      # mixerctl -w outputs.master.mute=off
      mixerctl: field outputs.master.mute does not exist

      # mixerctl -w inputs.cd.mute=off
      inputs.cd.mute: off -> off

Still can't hear it.  I'm not convinced that kscd is sending its
output to the right place, but I don't know how to find out.

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Analyst, IITS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne@alcor.concordia.ca                                        +1 514 848-7606