Subject: Snapshot 1.5.3_ALPHA can't be installed over FTP?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Indra <maverick@office.naver.co.id>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2002 22:26:36
Hi...

I have finished downloading the latest snapshot to begin to try NetBSD
-CURRENT. I chose FTP installation.

When I booted the PC using the floppy, I found 2 glitches. First, the DHCP
client in the installation floppy would not get IP address at the first
time, but the second try would do. I don't know whether that problem really
involves my DHCP server or not, but the DHCP server is OK for day to day
use.

The second, I was having trouble to fetch the distribution over FTP. sysinst
refused to login to my local FTP server. The same FTP server worked for
FreeBSD -CURRENT

Can anyone else confirm that you are having the same problem as me?

Thank you...

/john
"I go, I fight, and I win!"