Subject: adding a 2nd slice howto
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2002 16:06:51
Hi all,
I was wondering, I have about 9GB free on the same disk I installed NetBSD.
NetBSD's slice is 4096MB, is it possible (and how?) to add the extra 9GB as an
extra slice to mount e.g. /usr?
Creating it isnt' the problem, but how do I acces that slice? Coming from
FreeBSD I mis the ad0sX scheme of partitioning, is this possible under NetBSD
also? I read something about adding a slice to another by changing the sector
value, so that the slice will occupy more on the disk, this involves newfs the
partitions afaik. It would be nice to have a way to do it without reinstalling
and restoring.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kind regards,
--