Subject: Re: OT: orbz.org - help needed
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2002 17:11:04
Hi,

On 29 Jan 2002 at 10:19, David Maxwell wrote:
> No... not unless you're referring to some type of communist state
> which doesn't allow contracts to be written...

you mean the European Community? We have a warranty law, that without
whatever regulations a contract may include, disables this regulation
if it is not comliant to the law. So giving a customer a lower price
for a product when he agrees to shorten the warranty from the period
of 24 months as the law wants, to eg 6 months, the customer still has
his 24 months warranty.

Here in Austria we have leagal structure called something like "good
habits". So if you have an appartment and rent it to a girl for a low
price but only id she has sex with you this regulation will not take
effect as it is against "good habits".

We have several ISPs here, that give you dedicated
internetconnections with static IPs, but will not allow you to
install "server services" (like a web server). Allthough there are no
court decisions currently available to that topic, it is pretty shure
that this is against "good habits" as it does not matter for the
provider if the customers spend their traffic for surfing or for
server services.

As long as local laws are not violated, it is not shure, that you can
actually force your customers not to provide open relays.

However it still should be possible to make shure that (even reverse)
DNS lookups to the customers IPs will show the customers domainnames.

mike