Subject: Re: FFS filesystem with blocksizes != 512
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2002 02:53:41
from my earlier post:

from wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net:

>yes. f must be at least 1/8 b. but may be 1/4, 1/2 or just equal b (no
>subblocks)

>so use -b 16384 -f 2048

What would be the inode or allocation unit, meaning the minimum disk space that
would be taken by one file however small?  16384?  2048?  I suppose I could use
block size as low as 2048?

Last night I browsed http://mo.fujitsu.com/global/ , they are still selling
1.3 GB drives and 1.3 GB and 650 MB disks.  2.2 GB drives were supposed to be
released, ATAPI version, last October.  Maybe delayed?  So I don't know yet what
will be the sector size for the new disks, whether it will stay the same or be
changed.