Subject: Re: plip
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Ian P.Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2002 17:47:59
On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 03:27 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Ian P.Thomas wrote:
>
>> it.  If I could do the install over PLIP instead of using countless
>> floppies(no CDROM drive) that would be great.
>
> Does your laptop have serial?
>
> I have installed NetBSD over serial a few times. (I had to do it
> manually,
> because sysinst/net.c has "sl" device as one of the interface names to
> ignore.)
>
>    Jeremy C. Reed
>    http://www.reedmedia.net/

	Yes.  It has two serial ports, but I don't have the cable.  I  have
the PLIP cable already so I figured that would be the way to go.  How
much does a serial cable cost that allows you to do, what I assume is a
SLIP connection?
	I'd really like to know that I can use the parallel-to-parallel
cable I have for some purpose.  It seems like I wasted my money on it
otherwise ;(

Ian P. Thomas

Of course it runs NetBSD
www.netbsd.org