Subject: Re: HP LaserJet printers and NetBSD?
To: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@nomadiclab.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2002 12:21:34
Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@nomadiclab.com> writes:

> I am planning to get myself a laser printer, probably a HP LaserJet 1200.
> How does it work with NetBSD? It's specs say it has a PostScript 2
> emulation, but I want to be sure it works before investing my money. If
> anyone has such laser printer printing postscript documents without
> problems, please send me an e-mail... Thanks!

I have a HP LaserJet 1200, currently hooked up via parallel port to an
AlphaStation 200 running 1.5.2. It works great; I have a lpr queue on
it that can be printed to from other lpr-speaking boxes in the house
(NetBSD and MacOS X, at the moment), and Samba exports a print share
for the Windows boxes. All of them use PostScript.

It also worked over USB, but not *quite* as reliably, and the machine
I ultimately designated as a print server doesn't have USB ports.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the HP 1200.

        - Nathan