Subject: Re: FFS filesystem with blocksizes != 512
To: None <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2002 11:53:41
On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:19:13AM +0100, wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net wrote:
> > > use -b 8192 -f 1024 for your 1024-byte sector media.
> >
> > Would this also work for -f 2048 ? Could block size then be 4096?  I'm
> > thinking
>
> yes. f must be at least 1/8 b. but may be 1/4, 1/2 or just equal b (no
> subblocks)
>
> > in terms of Fujitsu DynaMO, where sector size is 2048 bytes instead of
> > the usual
>
> so use -b 16384 -f 2048

Wojtek, please *stop* spewing incorrect information onto the NetBSD
mailing lists.  The filesystem block and fragment size don't have anything
to do with the underlying physical or logical blocksize of the disk you put
the filesystem on.

With the exception of CD-ROM devices, unfortunately, NetBSD can't cope with
disk devices that have a blocksize other than 512 bytes.