Subject: Weird problems with c compiler, pkgsrc and /usr/src
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lim Seng Chor <limsc@sit.edu.my>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2002 22:15:03
Hi,

My netbsd box is so weird!!
I tried to compile and install the pkg at the pkgsrc and I always ended up with cc1
compile fatal error...
At first I thought my compile got problem so I tried to restore the files extracting from
comp.tgz. but then the problem was still not solved. After that, I tried to pkg_add gcc-
2.95.2 pkg. This time I got some pkgsrc programs installed but there are some other
programs I cannot install and terminated with compilation fatal error.
How can I solve this problem? How do I turn off the compiler optimization for the
pkgsrc installation?

Another problem is I couldn't "make build" my /usr/src. I am running netbsd 1.5.2 and
I downloaded the tar files from ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-
current/tar_files/src/*.  The error i encountered was "syntax error" blah blah blah.

Help! Now I can totally cannot do anything with it... : (