Subject: Re: MOUSED installation and setup in CURRENT
To: Gotzon Berrojalbiz <unixuser@wanadoo.es>
From: Ian P.Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/27/2002 09:37:11
On Sunday, January 27, 2002, at 06:13 AM, Gotzon Berrojalbiz wrote:

> I'm new to NetBSD and I was very surprised when i discovered that it
> had no mouse daemon for text mode console. Later a i discovered that
> freebsd moused is going to be present in the next version of NetBSD.
> I'm now running 1.5.2 version but would upgrade to CURRENT if somebody
> could help me configuring the MOUSED daemon for a PS2 mouse.
>
> T H A N K S in advance

	I didn't know that Moused was going to be included.  I asked about
use of the mouse in text mode a while back, but unfortunately, it wasn't
in the pipeline yet.  I've had it set up for PS2 in FreeBSD before.  You
could do it via command line or in rc.conf to enable it at boot.  I'm
also going to upgrade once this feature has been added, as I also have a
PS2 mouse, and would like to get around using X until my onboard
graphics chip is better supported.

Ian P. Thomas

Of course it runs NetBSD
www.netbsd.org