Subject: Programmatic way of changing virtual terminals?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/16/2002 21:35:50
My laptop's mouse cursor disappears in XFree86 after an APM resume.
From some web searches, this appears to be a rather common problem.
Luckily there's a workaround: it reappears if I switch to and then
from a text-console.

So my question: I was wondering if there was a way to do this VT-switching
programmatically. It would be trivial to then incorporate this into
the APM scripts. I'm using wscons; wsconsctl doesn't seem to have
the ability to do this though.  Is there any way of doing this?

(Or does anybody know of any other way to fix this cursor thing?
I suppose I could try a software cursor.)

Thanks.

--
"Source code in files. How quaint." - Kent Beck
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell." - Aldous Huxley