Subject: LAME 3.91 Compile Problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeff@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/12/2002 13:50:15
NOTE: I asked this on netbsd-help but since no one answered,
I thought that I would ask here.

Has anyone compiled LAME 3.91 on NetBSD? I have downloaded
the source for
LAME 3.91, unpacked it, and entered the directory and typed:

# ./configure > log1.txt

like the directions say (minus the redirection). It runs
fine although it
complains that:

gtk-config: not found

I am not running X, so this is not a surprise. Then I tried
to run:

# make > log2.txt

and I got these errors:

lame.c:360:warning: 'optimum_samplefreq' defined but not
used
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option 'WL,--whole-archive'

I then get this error four times:

Stop
*** Error Code 1

Does anyone have a sugguestion on this? I need the new
version of LAME
because of some things that were added with this release. I
have uploaded
the log files to here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jsflowers/log1.txt
http://home.earthlink.net/~jsflowers/log2.txt