Subject: Re: Problems installing 1.5.2 on a Compaq 12LX125
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/11/2002 10:32:00
Am Freitag den, 11. Januar 2002, um 09:36, schrieb Manuel Bouyer:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:40:21PM -0800, John Clark wrote:
>> I have installed NetBSD 1.5.2 on a Compaq 12LX125 Laptop. The driver
>> for the ether net pcmcia card I have seems to recognize the card, but
>> then issues a 'where did the card go' failure message. I've rebuilt the
>> kernel from the CD sources, with the same effect.
>>
>> The card inquestion is a Linksys PCMCIA card with does both 10 and
>> 100 base T.
>>
>> In the FreeBSD environment I had to change a config line in some file
>> but I don't see a similar sort of config for pcmcia devices under
>> NetBSD.
>
> What line did you need to change ? This can give us indications on what
> change in NetBSD.

I don't know if you caught my follow up post which indicated that I was
able to get an older Linksys card working. The problem card is a
"EtherFast 10/100 PC Card" (Model: PCMPC100).

I will have to review my steps on FreeBSD to see if I can find the info.
I installed
it, got it working, and then set up Mandrake Linux, as that was
recommended
for an 'easy install' to get X working. I did that, and have a config
file,
so now I'm going back to NetBSD...