Subject: Re: NetBSD + LINUX
To: Todd Gruhns Acct <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2002 22:50:11
On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:12:35PM -0500, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
> I made some progress but I still can't bring LINUX up.
> I reinstalled LINUX in the drive hdbX (thats the LINUX device
> name). When I do 'fdisk -B /dev/rwd1'  and reboot, LINUX is

You have NetBSD on wd0 and linux on wd1, rigth ? So you don't need
to put the NetBSD boot loader on wd1. If you had installed lilo in the
MBR you trashed it.

> listed as F1, NetBSD F4. When I press F1, the thing times out and
> reboots. When I press F4 NetBSD still comes up...

Is wd1 your boot disk ?
If not, you first need to press f6 to give control to the MBR of wd1,
and then do whatever this MBR needs.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>