Subject: Re: NetBSD + DEBIAN-LINUX
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/07/2002 13:50:36
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 09:42:29PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 03:39:21PM -0500, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
> > I just got DBIAN LINUX add to my Pentium 11/233 --
> > so the first disk has NetBSD, and the second disk has DEBIAN LINUX.
> > Both are IDE. Is it possible to use the NetBSD boot loader to boot
> > BOTH LINUX and NetBSD?
>
> You need to install the NetBSD boot manager on the first disk (fdisk -B wd0),
> and install lilo on the second.
>
> Then you can boot the second disk using F5 (or F6, I never remember :)

F5 is the first disks's MBR
F6 is the second disks's MBR
F7 .. F8 ..
Then
F1 - F4, to select which of the possible 4 bios partitions to boot.

You can, if so inclined, set up NetBSD's boot manager on multiple disks.
When NetBSD's boot manager starts from the first disk, you can press F6,
which would hop to NetBSD's boot manager on the second disk.  At that
point you could press F1, which would boot the first partition of the
second disk.  You could even loop, pressing F6, then F5, then F6, then F5,
and so on.

Whee..

Ben