Subject: Interesting disk/filesystem anomaly
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bri <itai@replic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/27/2001 00:12:52
 Hi,

 I've got a P2-333 running NetBSD 1.5.2 on a BX chipset. The box has 3
disks in it, the root and then 2 disks for network file storage of 80 and
100 gigs.

 On the 100 gig drive, whenever I make a new directory there is a wait of
11 seconds (this is seen through samba as well as a xterm), however on
either of the other 2 drives there is almost no wait at all.

 I've unmounted the drive and fsck'd it, and checked the dmesg but see no
errors being generated by the device in it.

 Does anyone have any suggestions as to a possible cause / remedy?

 thanks

--Bri

itai at replic d0t net