Subject: Re: rsync for pkgsrc? (was Re: updating packages)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2001 14:45:45
[ On Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 06:25:13 (+1100), Chris Baird wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: rsync for pkgsrc? (was Re: updating packages)
>
> Using "rsync --delete" will quite happily delete anything, including
> that 2.3Gig of source code you've downloaded over a modem in the past
> year into distfiles/. I keep my distfiles and packages directories in
> different location, so I only have to restore the softlinks.

Symlinks?  Why not something like this in /etc/mk.conf:

	# This is where you keep local copies of package distfiles.
	#
	# This can be a symlink.
	#
	DISTDIR=                /var/package-distfiles

which in my case is then a symlink which points to a directory under an
NFS mount point on which a central archive is mounted.  (don't ask me
why I do two levels of re-direction -- I don't know that I know! ;-)
[Well once upon a time I shared /etc/mk.conf, but no longer.  The fewer
diffs the better though....]

--
								Greg A. Woods