Subject: Re: rsync for pkgsrc? (was Re: updating packages)
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2001 14:13:21
[ On Friday, December 14, 2001 at 08:33:16 (-0800), Jeremy C. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: rsync for pkgsrc? (was Re: updating packages)
>
> Does anyone know of any rsync servers for pkgsrc?

You can rsync the whole CVS tree and then do a local "cvs update" of
your pkgsrc tree, and when you run CVS on the same machine as the
repository it's usualy a whole lot faster.  This is what I do.

> Usually, when I use cvs to update my pkgsrc, it can take well over an
> hour.

I don't know exactly how long the various stages take -- I do it all in
a background job.  I can e-mail you the script I hacked together to do
it all if you'd like....

--
								Greg A. Woods