Subject: Re: updating packages
To: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2001 10:03:23
> [Sheesh I finally need to learn make syntax to understand what exactly
> is going on because I think it could be helpful to FIRST compile and
> THEN update (remove|reinstall) the package in case of compilation-
> errors]

Ideally, you shouldn't get any compilation errors unless there is a
typo or something in the dependency list, or you have a version
mismatch or something.  Right?  You can always do "make -k blah" to
compile and ignore unimportant errors like errors in installing
documentation, right?

--
Ian Cooper
ian@wpi.edu

--
"m=mrEzEiEimtKrEimzm,mtmWEimrKJEimrm,mzE
 zEiEimrEKmtEiKEmWm,mHmHKrEimzm-KaEimrmz