Subject: Getting Sendmail 8.11.6nb1 to work right
To: NetBSD-User <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian P. Thomas <ipt@solo.scraemondaemon.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/04/2001 22:19:04
	I went and installed the new sendmail from pkgsrc.  I am having
problems integrating if with the rest of the system.  My e-mail address is
supposed to be

From: ipthomas_77@yahoo.com

	The amazing thing is sometimes it goes out correctly, and, it seems
recently, that it hasn't.  Instead it is going out as

From: ipt@solo.scraemondaemon.org

	A fictional e-mail address that I assigned to this machine.  The new
sendmail should read from /etc/mail for its configuration file( .cf )
Unfortunately, when the system boots up, I need to create a sym link from
/etc/sendmail.cf to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.  I am using the same sendmail.mc
file on this machine as I am on my GNU/Linux machine, and mail goes out
from that machine fine.

1.
mailer.conf is pointing to the new version of sendmail
/usr/pkg/libiexec/sendmail/sendmail
for all the variables

2.
I have the necessary line in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
FEATURE(`genericstable',`hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl

3.
/etc/mail/genericstable
ipt    ipthomas_77@yahoo.com

4.