Subject: Re: Which JVM is available for 1.5.x on i386?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/02/2001 15:20:01
on 12/2/01 3:10 PM, David Brownlee at abs@netbsd.org wrote:

> On netscape:
> Do you have your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similar set to an unusual
> value? I'm wondering why its trying /mnt/wd0e/usr/X11R6/lib.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset. (/etc/ld.so.conf is unchanged from the default
install, as well.)

> On java - are you running native or linux binaries?

I wrote a quick test program:

-----

import javax.swing.*;

public class Test
{
    public Test()
    {
        System.out.println("non-Swing works");
    }

    public static void main(String[] argv)
    {
        if (argv.length > 0)
            new JFrame();
        else
            new Test();
    }
}

-----

...and compiled it with "javac" from sun-jdk, and ran it with "java" from
same.

When run with no arguments, it writes "non-Swing works" to stdout as
expected. When run with arguments, it fails as mentioned in my earlier
message.

- Amitai