Subject: Re: libGL.so.1
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/02/2001 06:44:07
> > permissions:
> >
> >   cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/Mesa && make update
> >
> > ...then go take a break while the computer works.  (^&
> thank you very much. it will be a little break on P133...
>
> i have "Mesa" package installed but not "MesaLib".
> maybe that's it

Ah, I was afraid of that.

While you can go ahead and build MesaLib, the pkgsrc dependancies won't be
straight, now.  When you built Mesa before, it noticed that you had
XFree86 4.x installed (I think) and didn't depend upon MesaLib.  Now
you've yanked the Mesa libGL, and if you just rebuild MesaLib from pkgsrc,
the Mesa package doesn't know that it should now depend upon the MesaLib
package.

If you feel brave, you might try to edit the /var/db/pkg/* database to
note the added dependancy, or you might just rebuild Mesa (easy, but slow,
especially if you have a bunch of things that depend upon Mesa).

I don't know if there's any way to directly tell the package system to
alter a recorded dependancy.

Of course, a third option is to just ignore the fact that your package
database is slightly wrong, now.  The next time that you update Mesa, it
should straighten itself out, and you're not likely to ever update MesaLib
on its own.  (Assuming that you haven't updated pkgsrc since last updating
Mesa, that is...(^&)