Subject: TV-Out with G200 + XFree86
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/31/2001 16:59:21
Hello,

I have a NetBSD system with a Matrox Mystique G200 video card and I
would like to use it's TV-OUT capability with XFree.  Matrox supplies
a XFree driver in binary and source (yay!) form at
<http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/linux_09.cfm> for
*Linux*.  So several questions arise:

  o  Might the linux + Xfree driver work with NetBSD (i386)?
  o  Has anyone tried this with any success or failure?
  o  Is the special Matrox driver even needed?  Might the XFree 4.1.x
     driver be sufficient?
  o  Has anyone used the TV-Out feature on a G200-based Matrox card?

Thanks.  I'd love to get this to work w/NetBSD, instead of having to
revert back to a bloated RedHat installation.

--
Ian Cooper
ian@wpi.edu