Subject: Re: Lots of conflicts while updating src
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@lethe.dachau.marco.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/29/2001 16:53:39
In article <20011025023425342647.6388@alongtheway.com>,
	jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com (Jim Breton) writes:
> OK now that I've got the cvs/ssh source updates working, I am seeing
> some disturbing results from CVS.
>
> A large number of the files are skipped or updated as appropriate;
> however, I also have _tons_ of these messages (hundreds at least):
>
> cvs update: move away src/usr.bin/banner/Makefile; it is in the way
> C src/usr.bin/banner/Makefile
> cvs update: move away src/usr.bin/banner/banner.1; it is in the way
> C src/usr.bin/banner/banner.1
> cvs update: move away src/usr.bin/banner/banner.c; it is in the way
> C src/usr.bin/banner/banner.c
>
> The cvs man page says that those are Conflicts, and that the old file
> will be renamed and the new one put in its place.  That would be fine.

Somehow your CVS/Repository files are wrong. If you have something
like:
	/cvsroot/basesrc
in these files, replace it with
	basesrc
and everything will be fine again. I've already gone through this pain and
iirc, that's what I've done.

Regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41