Subject: Updating src via cvs/ssh
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Breton <jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/24/2001 21:30:27
I've been trying to implement the method of src updating outlined here:

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-cvs.html

Previously I'd been using rsync, but would like to start using ssh for
this (I haven't tried rsync over ssh for this yet).  Here is what I am
doing.

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
$ cvs update -d $CVSROOT -rnetbsd-1-5 -PAd

Then I get the following error:

Secure connection to anoncvs.netbsd.org refused.
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

However, I can connect to port 22 on anoncvs.netbsd.org manually with no
problem.  And even more strange, if I watch that box with a sniffer,
it's not even _attempting_ to connect to that host.  It does the dns
lookup but then never tries to connect.

The system is release-1-5 on i386, using cvs-1.11nb2 from pkgsrc.

Any idea what's wrong?  I found some messages on a Google search where
someone else had a similar problem, but it was almost a year ago and
IIRC it was a problem with the server... which is obviously not (yet)
the case here.

Thanks.