Subject: RE: sendmail question
To: Rex McMaster <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stuart Brooks <stuartb@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/23/2001 09:43:45
Thanks for the responses,

I have got a little closer, I have created a new sendmail.cf file using

FEATURE(nodns)  - which the manpage does seem to indicate is a noop and ...
FEATURE(domaintable, hash /etc/domaintable)

I then created a domaintable, and domaintable.db using makemap and now it
seems to resolve the correct ip address but leaves me with the following
message.

(host map: lookup (196.33.33.51): deferred)
               stuartb@cat.co.za

It appears to have resolved the domain name to an ip address, but gets stuck
there. I remember someone mentioning something about MX records?? but that
doesn't mean an awful lot to me. I am still searching though:) Anyone got
any ideas?

Thanks
 Stuart