Subject: Re: reading directly from an ATAPI cd-rom device
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Breton <jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/20/2001 10:48:04
On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 11:54:40AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> dd if=/dev/rcd0d bs=2k|md5sum -

Thanks, but did you see the rest of my message?

"On NetBSD however, the disc spins and it appears to be working, but it
takes forever (about 33 minutes with a 48X drive); and when it finally
stops, it gives me the following error:

md5: /dev/cd0a: Invalid argument

I have tried cd0a, cd0d, rcd0a, and rcd0c [sic]; the only difference is
that if I use the "raw" device, it returns the error almost immediately,
as opposed to first reading for a long while."

Sending the output to md5 doesn't work if there is no output....