Subject: Re: NetBSD Desktop
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/14/2001 15:59:59
[ On Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 11:46:08 (-0700), collver@linuxfreemail.com wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: NetBSD Desktop
>
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 01:00:06PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > One of the other reasons I use it (besides its lack of major bloat -- it
> > runs in just 3308 MB (vsz) on my sparcstation-1+) is because I think it
> > looks good (at least the way I configure it) on my hi-res monochrome
> > display.
>
> 3308 MB?

Sorry, no, that'd be 'KB' of course!  :-)

> 432 KB on blackbox here..

Hmmmm.... hard to believe given it's C++ origins, but yes, I keep
meaning to at least try it out....

I really do like having miniature labelled and movable views of the
windows in each of my workspaces.  Is there a workspace pager available
for blackbox?  If so does/can it render the icon name in each window?

I kinda like icons too, though I usually have too many of them :-).  One
of the reasons for icons is because it's easier to then quickly see
which xterm needs attention (I try to always use -ziconbeep).  I don't
like title bars as an alternative either -- ctwm expands the title bar
when you mouse over an icon, and that's a _much_ better use of screen
space.  I don't need fancy coloured icons with many-coloured miniature
images on them, but simple bitmaps are necessary IMNSHO.

--
							Greg A. Woods